A Company that just provides startup and organization
Make sure it serves a need.
Figure out who can do it and how it needs to be supported.
Get people on board.
It’s not rocket science, it’s just filling needs with the people who can serve, to those that need served.
Keep their finances for them, get a legal thing for them.
Give them solid monetary advice.
Drug side effect database
Pharmacies don’t go quite far enough because they don’t highlight right away all the known “bad” side effects of drug overlap. What if there could be a database that did this for us? Basically just something that said “Yeah, that’s a good one.” and then “Yeah, that’s a good one too!” but then it was like “But hey, those two together is a bad way to go mate!”
Some soft of database.
You’d have to make it open source to some degree because you’d have to be sourcing experiential information. But people could submit their stories for approval before they actually went on to the site. (Like moderating comments)
You’d want to make it extremely mobile responsive – mobile first actually. (obviously)
You’d want to have a profile that kept track of the medications you were taking at the time, so that when you searched for a new one (or scanned a new one in via barcode!) it would tell you right away if there was an issue.
You’d want to be able to search recommended medications by ailment.
Possibly a list of each drug’s natural side effects directly within the search results.
Possibly a star rating and testimonial system like Amazon.
Consolidating Bulk Purchases for the less wealthy
What if you could take someone’s paycheck and have it deposited to your care, and then dole out to them the things that they need…BUT you purchase those things in bulk because you front the first month of their check. In this way you actually save money because you’re enabling the full weight of the earning’s purchasing power over the course of a month or two months, instead of only having one or two week’s worth of purchasing power.
I ride the train to work a few times a week, and so does a colleague of mine. His budget does not allow him the bulk purchase of train tickets, and technically neither does mine; however, I have a small savings which I use to make bulk purchases to capture the savings that bulk purchasing brings. So, I purchased my tickets all at once for $7 per ride, and he purchases his tickets individually when he needs them at $8.50 per ride. Over the course of three months we’ll ride the train the same number of times, but I will pay $336, while he will pay $408. If we keep this same circumstance for the entire year, I will have $288 more than him in my bank account because of my ability to make bulk purchases.
This is just one example of something that happens every day, especially with consumer goods and groceries. Wal-mart, with $1 off coupon on a 36 pack of AngelSoft toilet paper, which yields the best price per roll to be found at Walmart, weighs in at 9,504 sheets and $16 for the pack, which is .16 cents per sheet. For the $6.25 Charmin 12 double rolls, (which is a way more likely purchase) you’re going to get each sheet at .29 cents per sheet. In order to purchase toilet paper as a reasonable expense, and assuming the average roll is about 200 sheets per roll, you’re going to pay .59 cents per roll vs .32 cents per roll by not buying in bulk here. Assuming 2 rolls of paper per week that’s another $28 per year. Again, doesn’t seem like much, but that’s a pretty noticeable margin for that amount of spend.
If I managed ONLY toilet paper purchasing for 200 families per year at that rate, that would be $5,600 over 1 year that I would generate in savings for those people. Assuming I kept 30% of the savings and gave back the other 70% (straight “Cash” to those families) I would gross myself $1,680 for the year. For JUST buying toilet paper better, because I have the financial ability to bulk purchase.
Most people don’t think this way in general, but there are a LOT of families or even individuals in America alone that simply don’t have the financial means of thinking like this. And just how far could this basket of goods extend? How many standard basket items could you figure out for this? How many families could you manage the purchasing for, especially if it was all the same stuff?
I think on some level I’m straddling the line between capitalism and socialism here – I want to be clear that the person who signs up for this kind of plan has a choice, and if the idea is bad and there are no “buyers”, it simply falls apart. It’s not mandatory, and that’s sort of the beauty in it. On some level, people should be able to decide if they want that sort of control in their lives over whatever they choose to have, and sometimes that’s worth the extra cost.
- Put something to do here?
- Added the Bulk Purchase idea
- Added the pharmacy idea
- Added this page